17 June 2013
Nominate by 19 July for QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism
Queensland tourism businesses have until Friday 19 July to nominate for the inaugural Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) Prize for Innovation in Tourism.
The program is open to micro and small to medium sized Queensland tourism enterprises that have developed and adopted innovative products, services and processes. Just under $30,000 in prizes are on offer for nominees.
QTIC Chief Executive Daniel Gschwind said encouraging innovation within the tourism industry is imperative for the ongoing sustainability of businesses and future growth of the sector.
“The QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism is an opportunity for Queensland tourism businesses to be publicly acknowledged for their dedication to develop products, services or processes designed to drive the industry forward,” Mr Gschwind said.
“We hope tourism operators will see the QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism as their opportunity to having their hard work recognised by peers and the wider business community.
“Tourism directly accounts for 124,000 Queensland jobs and directly contributes $8.4 billion to Queensland’s gross state product. The QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism reinforces the value of continually innovating in order to cultivate industry prosperity.”
Entrants in the QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism have an opportunity to win an array of substantial prizes.
- Business support valued at $25,000 comprising Stage 1 and 2 of the Velocis Program (provided by the Queensland Government and delivered by the Australian Institute for Commercialisation);
- Travel voucher valued at $2,000 (provided by Qantas Airways Limited);
- Development and distribution across Australia and Asia Pacific of a dedicated Public Relations (PR) Case Study in partnership with EC3 Global.
- Free membership to the EarthCheck International Certification program valued at $3,800 (provided by EC3 Global and EarthCheck).
Program Key Dates
- Closing Date for Nominations - Friday 19 July 2013
- Closing Date for Submissions - Friday 6 September 2013
- Judging of Entries - End of September
- Winner & Runner-Up Announcement at Innovation Industry Lunch - Tuesday 22 October 2013 (details to be confirmed)
Businesses entering the QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism must have developed and adopted the innovative product, service or process between January 2012 and June 2013 within Queensland.
Find out more - visit the QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism page. To nominate for the QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism or view the eligibility criteria, click here or contact Lucinda Wright, Events Coordinator, on (07) 3236 1445 or Lucinda.Wright@qtic.com.au.
QTIC acknowledges the invaluable contribution from our program partners the Queensland Government, Qantas Airways Limited and EC3 Global.