Queensland Tourism Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2014 Queensland Tourism Awards
Why should you enter the Queensland Tourism Awards?
- Be recognised as an outstanding tourism business
- Discover the full potential of your enterprise
- Super charge your annual business planning process
- Gain a competitive edge by receiving feedback from industry leaders
- Use your submission as a benchmark to improve your bottom line
- Receive media publicity and exposure
- Energise and motivate your staff
- Use the Awards logo to promote your operation as an award-winning business
- Celebrate and network with industry peers and colleagues at the Gala Awards ceremony
- Automatic entry into the Australian Tourism Awards for Gold Winners in categories 1 to 28
- The Gala Awards ceremony on Friday 28 November will be the biggest industry party of the year!
Watch past Queensland Tourism Award winners talk about the business benefits of entering (and winning!) the state's annual tourism recognition program on QTIC YouTube. Read comments from previous winners about the benefits of nominating and entering the Queensland Tourism Awards - click here.
Important Information for 2014 Entrants
Non-members that sign up for QTIC membership before nominations close for the 2014 Queensland Tourism Awards (Monday 19 May 2014) will receive free entry into the 2014 Awards program.
Apply for QTIC membership online www.qtic.com.au/user/register or complete the Membership Application Form in the QTIC Member Prospectus. If you wish to discuss QTIC membership further, please contact Kym Stephenson on (07) 3236 1445 or Kym.Stephenson@qtic.com.au.
Over the next two years (by 2016), the Queensland Tourism Awards will introduce a new eligibility criterion that will require all tourism operator entrants to be certified or accredited. All tourism businesses and tourism operators intending on nominating for and entering the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards will need to have completed a recognised tourism accreditation or tourism certification program.
Nominations and Entries for the 2014 Queensland Tourism Awards
- Familiarise yourself with the key dates (refer below) and the nomination and entry process via the Queensland Tourism Awards process chart.
- Be aware that a new criterion is being introduced into the Queensland Tourism Awards where tourism businesses will be required to be accredited or certified through a T-QUAL endorsed accreditation program. READ MORE
- If your business is not a QTIC member, you can sign up for QTIC membership before Monday 19 May to receive FREE ENTRY into the 2014 Queensland Tourism Awards. READ MORE
- Finally, visit the Queensland Tourism Awards website and follow the steps to nominate your business http://www.queenslandtourismawards.com.au/entrant-information/how-to-enter.
Regional mentoring sessions are available for entrants in the Queensland Tourism Awards to provide guidance on preparing the written Award submission. More information will be available throughout the year.
Watch more on video
Questions about the Queensland Tourism Awards can be directed to Kerrie Lucas, Events Coordinator, (07) 3236 1445 or Kerrie.Lucas@qtic.com.au.
News, updates and more information about the Queensland Tourism Awards is available at: