DestinationQ – Building tourism together
DestinationQ is a partnership agreement between the Queensland Government and the state's tourism industry (represented by us) which recognises tourism as one of the four pillars of the economy.
The annual DestinationQ Forum is Queensland’s leading tourism industry event, bringing industry and government together to connect, collaborate and share knowledge to grow the visitor economy. This partnership facilitates ongoing engagement between industry and government to deliver on key priorities to drive growth and jobs in the state. For more information visit the DestinationQ website at destq.com.au
The key elements of DestinationQ are:
- Ambition: Setting a growth target for the industry to double overnight visitor expenditure to $30 billion by 2020.
- Leadership: Focusing whole-of-government support for tourism and events as one of the four pillars of the Queensland economy.
- Partnership: Developing a strong partnership with industry, driving enhanced and collaborative marketing and development efforts, and a focus on events for Queensland.
- Investment: Attracting new investment in tourism product and new aviation routes to Queensland, and reducing the red-tape burden on tourism operators.
- Accountability: Assigning roles and responsibilities, tracking progress and reporting on outcomes at an annual forum of industry stakeholders.
The outcome of the 2012 DestinationQ Forum was the Partnership Agreement and 12 Month Action Plan and the creation of a DestinationQ Post-Forum Working Group, to drive progress and report back to industry on a regular basis.
In December 2012, the Queensland Government released the first DestinationQ Blueprint 2012-2015. The blueprint takes DestinationQ forward to 2015, as the first milestone towards the 2020 target for the industry.
Our role in DestinationQ
We were identified as the industry body responsible for taking a lead role in implementing and driving many of the Action Plans within the DestinationQ Agreement.
Since the 2012 Forum, we have been working closely with tourism operators and businesses, state and federal government departments and associated organisations to undertake the necessary work and ensure positive industry collaboration and economic success.
Find out more
Do you have a question or comment about DestinationQ and how it relates to you? QTIC members and industry representatives are invited to provide feedback and find out how to become part of our DestinationQ initiatives. Contact us on 07 3236 1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the form on the Contact Us page.