We are committed to helping drive improvement and professionalism in the Queensland tourism industry through the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program (ATAP).
We manage ATAP in Queensland and can assist you with the accreditation process for your business.
What is ATAP?
This Australia-wide, online, quality management program, documents your business practices and procedures, is suitable for all business types and sizes and can be used as a business development tool that supports reliability, consistency and predictability in the operation of your business. In turn this brings improved customer service and satisfaction and supports the long-term sustainability of your business.
ATAP addresses many of the issues that are covered in the development of a business plan but focuses on those key elements that are part of the day to day function of any tourism operation. It encourages you to:
- Plan how your business will function
- Check customer expectations are being met
Register for ATAP
You can register for ATAP by:
- Downloading and completing the ATAP Registration Form and emailing a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registering your business online at accreditation.atap.net.au (Use the ATAP User Guide for assistance on how to complete your application.)
Once payment has been made you will receive access to the online application to start the process. Within 12 months of registering you will receive a site visit to verify the information you provided in your application. Every year you will need to complete a set of five renewal questions to remain accredited – further site visits will occur every three years.
Annual Accreditation Fees
Annual fees are calculated based on the number of paid full-time equivalent staff, employed at your business (please refer tho the registration form for an outline of the fee structure). The fee includes access to the online resources, manuals, all marketing collateral, any assistance from the Accreditation Officer and an independent on-site verification and mentoring visit.
Time to Complete the Application
You have a maximum of three months from the time of registration and payment to complete the application.
- If you are unable to complete the application within the time frame, a written request for an extension is required.
- If no extension has been granted and the application is not completed in time, your fees will be forfeited.
Accreditation and the Queensland Tourism Awards
From 2016, Queensland Tourism Awards (QTA) entrants are required to be certified or accredited through
a recognised program.
Please refer to this list of QTA recognised accreditation programs.
For more information about the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program visit accreditation.atap.net.au or contact us on 07 3236 1445 or email@example.com