The Star Ratings program is Australia's only independent rating scheme that ensures that consumers always know what to expect from the accommodation they book.
The program uses ‘star’ symbols which are an internationally recognised symbol for quality accommodation standards.
The Star Ratings program is now part of the Quality Tourism Framework, which is governed by the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC). QTIC is licenced to deliver the Quality Tourism Framework here in Queensland on behalf of ATIC and we work with The Tourism Group to conduct the site assessments.
What are Star Ratings?
Star Ratings are an internationally recognised symbol for quality accommodation standards. They are used in more than 70 countries worldwide and reflect the cleanliness, quality and condition of guest facilities.A Star Rating is determined by more than 200 criteria that have been ranked by Australian travellers according to what's important to them.
The ‘star’ symbols are a licensed trademark and can only be used by properties that have been licensed to use them by the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC). Star Ratings are your safeguard against ‘self-ratings’ – properties who have assessed their own quality standards.
Star Ratings are awarded to six distinct accommodation categories, each with their own relevant criteria:
- Serviced apartments,
- Hosted accommodation
- Caravan-holiday parks
- Self catering properties.
Site assessments are conducted every 3 years and an annual renewal fee is made to maintain and promote your rating.
Why You Should be Star Rated
- It makes you more visible to travellers: The Stars are one of the most widely recognised and trusted symbols of quality accommodation standards in the world.
- It lets you see what your guests are saying about you online: Manage your reputation from a FREE online dashboard of guest reviews across all the major online travel agencies, review sites and social media platforms via ReviewPro.
- It makes you one of Australia's most reputable accommodation providers: Accommodation is at the heart of any destination experience and by displaying your Star Rating you are demonstrating you have been independently reviewed against accepted Australian standards.
- It helps realise the full potential of your asset: Maintaining quality standards according to industry best practices is a way of being your very best.
- Online listing: you will receive a complimentary business listing on www.starratings.com.au
- National Marketing Campaigns: ATIC conduct national advertising campaigns to promote the Star Ratings Australia program and Star Rated properties.
- Best of Queensland: Your accreditation through Star Ratings is recognised through Tourism and Events Queensland's 'Best of Queensland' program.
Annual Accreditation Fees
Annual fees are calculated based on the number of paid full-time equivalent staff, employed at your business (three casuals or part-timers equal one full time equivalent). The fee includes access to the online resources, all marketing collateral, any assistance from the Accreditation Officer and an independent on-site verification and mentoring visit.
for a quote.
Register for Star Ratings
Log in and register online via online.qualitytourismaustralia.com and click on the right hand section titled 'Star Ratings'. If you have registered for the Qld Tourism Awards before, you can use the same login details.
After you have registered your business details, QTIC will send an invoice for payment.
You will then be prompted to complete an online pre-assessment based off the relevant criteria for your property.
Once you have submitted your pre-assessment, a site assessment will be conducted by one of our assessors to verify your rating in regards to three areas:
Quality and Condition
Facilities and Services
Once accredited you will receive a detailed report, certificate and logos to use on all promotional material.
Site assessments are conducted every 3 years and an annual renewal fee and online renewal process of business standards is made to maintain and promote the rating.
For more information about Start Ratings Australia visit starratings.com.au
or contact us via email@example.com
or call 07 3236 1445.