The inquiry will cover the following issues:
- The availability and coverage of insurance policies provided to small business
- Insurance policy affordability
- The role of brokers in getting the right coverage
- Contract changes that have not been agreed to and whether they amount to Unfair Contract Terms
- Timeliness of insurance payouts and effectiveness of dispute resolution frameworks
- The effectiveness of relevant codes of conduct and legislation, including if applicable penalties are adequate.
A final report is expected to be released by December 2020.
Small and family businesses that have faced difficulties with their insurance companies are encouraged to complete this online survey or email email@example.com.