QTIC is developing an applied workforce research report that provides industry relevant information regarding future skills and training needs.
In developing this report, QTIC is seeking advice from industry in relation to skills, training and workforce needs for the next three to five years.
The report will provide a high-level picture of the industry and identify key trends, impacts, challenges and opportunities related to hospitality, events and tourism.
The focus of the report, will provide analysis of the future skills and workforce needs over the next 3-5 years, taking into account the following factors:
- Projected employment and skills growth
- Employer-identification of known and emerging future skills needs
- Issues associated with the supply and demand of labour and skills
- Emerging industry disruption influences including
- Demographic factors and regional variations
- Emerging workforce challenges and opportunities
- Training and skills strategies (accredited and non-accredited) for your industry that will assist it to meet future skills needs
QTIC has engaged the University of Queensland to lead data collection included in the applied workforce research report.
Register for your region today:
- Brisbane > Wed 2 May 2018 from 1-3pm at Yeronga Services and Community Club (391 Fairfield Road, Yeronga)
- Sunshine Coast > Thu 3 May 2018 from 8.30-10.30am at Visit Sunshine Coast (10 Electra Lane, Marcoola)
- Gold Coast > Thu 10 May 2018 from 4pm-6pm at Southport Community Centre (6 Lawson Street)
- Bundaberg > Tue 8 May 2018 from 10.30am-12.30 pm at Bundaberg Civic Centre (188-190 Bourbong Street)
- Airlie Beach > Mon 14 May 2018 from 3.30pm-5.30pm at Abell Point Marina (Shingley Drive, Airlie Beach)
- Cairns > Fri 11 May 2018 from 1pm-3pm at Tourism Tropical North Queensland (Level 2, 51 The Esplanade, Cairns)