Positives include an increase in capacity for venues and tourism transport operators, self-serving buffets will be allowed again and business checklists will be made consistent. These are all changes that we advocated for strongly with the support of members and member associations. Thank you for your support!
All steps in the right direction. The requirement for QR Check In at more venues is a small inconvenience compared to increased confidence of avoiding future lock-downs. The next big step will have to be finding a way to avoid hotspot declarations that prompt cross-border travel restrictions.
QTIC Chief Executive
Eased restrictions: From 1am 25 June 2021 restrictions apply for all Queensland.
The Queensland Government will be introducing a new travel declaration for anyone entering Queensland and expanding the mandatory Check In Qld app to more sectors means significantly increased contact tracing ability and easing of the following restrictions across Queensland. Fewer COVID Safe Plans will be required – instead they will be replaced with a single checklist.
- Indoor premises:
- Three people per 4m2 or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (e.g. restaurants, cafés, pubs, clubs, museums, art galleries, places of worship and convention centres).
- Three people per 4m2 for commercial residential facilities (including hostels, B&Bs and short term rentals).
- Three people per 4m2 at indoor play areas and unattended retail and need to comply with the new COVID Safe Checklist.*
- Hospitals, aged care and disability centres: No restrictions.
- Wedding ceremonies:
- Three people per 4m2 or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (whichever is preferred).
- All guests can dance (indoors and outdoors) subject to the three people per 4m2 rule.
- Funerals: Three people per 4m2 or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (whichever is preferred).
- No limit on gatherings in homes, however list of attendees must be kept for gatherings with more than 100 people.
- No limit for people gathering in outdoor public spaces across Queensland.
- Self-service food: No restrictions.
- Indoor events: Three people per 4m2 or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity and need to comply with the new COVID Safe Checklist.*
- Ticketed venues: 100% capacity with allocated seating (e.g. theatre, live music, cinemas, indoor sports, universities and other higher education institutions).
- Dancing: Dancing is allowed in all indoor and outdoor venues including pubs, beer gardens, clubs and nightclubs and at dancing and music festivals, subject to the three people per 4m2 rule. Need to comply with new COVID Safe Checklist.*
- Open air stadiums, casinos and large convention centres: 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (with a COVID Safe Plan).