There’s never been a better time to be a part of Queensland’s thriving tourism industry, and with only one week left to nominate in the 2018 Queensland Tourism Awards – hosted by Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) – Sunshine State tourism operators are being urged to put their best foot forward for state-wide and national acclaim.
QTIC Chief Executive Daniel Gschwind said the 34th annual Queensland Tourism Awards are set to be better than ever, following on from a stellar year for Queenslanders in 2017.
“We’re encouraging Queensland tourism operators – whether they are big or small businesses, events or individuals – to nominate and showcase their talents,” said Mr Gschwind.
“And while everyone wants to end up with the trophy, the awards are about more than just winning. They’re a wonderful opportunity to discover the full potential of your business, reinvigorate your staff and really focus on the future.”
Nominations close at 5pm on Thursday, May 31, 2018.
Entrants are encouraged to make the most of the new, streamlined online submission process and QTIC’s entrant support services. For more information visit www.queenslandtourismawards.com.au
Gold, Silver and Bronze winners from the 28 Queensland Tourism Awards categories and the RACQ People’s Choice Award will be announced on Friday 16 November 2018 at The Star Gold Coast. Gold Award winners from categories 1-25 will gain automatic entry into the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards.
The Queensland Tourism Awards is hosted by the Queensland Tourism Industry Council and presented by Queensland Airports Limited in partnership with Tourism and Events Queensland and supporting partner Tourism Australia.
Follow the latest news and announcements on social media using the Awards hashtag #QTA18 on:
2018 Queensland Tourism Award categories:
- Major Tourist Attractions
- Tourist Attractions
- Major Festivals and Events
- Festivals and Events
- The Steve Irwin Award for Ecotourism
- Cultural Tourism
- Qantas Award for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Tourism
- Specialised Tourism Services
- Visitor Information Services
- Business Event Venues
- Major Tour and Transport Operators
- Tour and Transport Operators
- Adventure Tourism
- The Richard Power Award for Destination Marketing
- Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services
- Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
- Caravan and Holiday Parks
- Hosted Accommodation
- Unique Accommodation
- Self-Contained Accommodation
- Standard Accommodation
- Deluxe Accommodation
- Luxury Accommodation
- New Tourism Business
- Excellence in Food Tourism
- Outstanding Contribution by a Volunteer or Volunteer Group
- Young Achiever Award
- The Marie Watson-Blake Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual
- RACQ People's Choice Award