The QTIC Salute to Excellence Awards recognises Year 11 and 12 students that are undertaking or have completed vocational education and training in tourism, food and beverage or cookery. The Awards highlight the importance of promoting vocational education and training among secondary schools across the state.
The student's qualification can be achieved through one of the following delivery methods:
Nominations for 2019 open on Thursday 1 November 2018 and close on Tuesday 30 April 2019
- VET in schools
- School-based traineeship
- School-based apprenticeship
Download the 2019 Salute to Excellence Awards Nomination Kit.
Why Participate in QTIC's Salute to Excellence Awards?
- Establish industry/employer contacts and mentors
- Gain assistance with career aspirations
- Industry and state recognition of achievements
- Meet other like-minded students and trainers from across Queensland
- Hear success stories from industry professionals
- Maximise opportunities for publicity
2019 Key Dates
- Thursday 1 November 2018: nominations open
- Tuesday 30 April 2019: nominations close
- Monday 3 June 2019: ‘Salutees’ notified of judging outcomes
- Monday 1 July 2019: Skills Test Day at TAFE Queensland South Bank Campus
- Friday 19 July 2019: RSVPs due for the Awards Dinner
- Monday 29 July 2019: Salute to Excellence Awards Dinner
2019 Judging Panel
||The Star Gold Coast
||Executive Chef Culinary Department
||Hospitality Staffing Solutions
||Learning & Development
||Mountain Wine Tours
|Food & Beverage
||Hilton Hotel Brisbane
||Director of Human Resources
|Food & Beverage
We are proud to be driving this initiative and remain committed to raising industry standards through training and education.
For more information about entering the Salute to Excellence Awards, or for sponsorship enquiries, please contact our Workforce Development team on 07 3236 1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proudly Supported By
Contributes to the following SDG:
Use of Photographs and Personal Information
Award entrants, nominees and ticket purchasers are advised that we will collect your personal information for the purpose of communicating with you about the awards and associated events. This information may be kept on file (hard copy and/or electronic) for future reference.
The Salute to Excellence Skills Test Day and Awards Dinner will be filmed and photographed for publicity and marketing purposes in printed publications and the Internet (websites and social media). If you do not give consent for your voice and/or image to be used in our printed or electronic publications, you must advise photographers in attendance that you do not want your image captured for publicity purposes.