Our QTIC Indigenous Employee Networks are supported by The Star Entertainment Group and have been established to develop strategies, demonstrate leadership and ultimately increase the participation of Indigenous staff in tourism and hospitality to reach the goal of "2020 new faces in the tourism industry by 2020".
Indigenous employees who are currently employed in the industry and who have careers and/or long term goals that are the main influencers when encouraging further participation of new Indigenous employees.
There are currently three chapters established with each group of outstanding and motivated Indigenous employees meeting every two months to share ideas, strategies and opportunities for the network to encourage more Indigenous people to consider a career in the vibrant and diverse tourism and hospitality sector.
- North Queensland
- South East Queensland
- Western Queensland
What is the Employee Network?
- Peer-to-peer mentoring of like-minded people
- Participation as an employee determined to strengthen the industry
- Build strategies to encourage the participation of potential employees
- A safe place to discuss issues and what is happening elsewhere
- Build strategies how to encourage Indigenous people into the industry
- Address blockages to increasing Indigenous employment
What the Employee Network is NOT
- A specific training course
- A space for political or personal agendas
- A representation of a business or its interests
Join the Employee Network
Help build and be part of a dynamic and innovative network where you get to build the rules, share your ideas energy and enthusiasm. Be part of a network where you get to build strategies to encourage more Indigenous people in the vibrant and diverse tourism and hospitality sector.
Talk to your employer on how they can support you to participate in this 'first of its kind' network to share your experiences in a safe and professional environment.
For more information contact our Indigenous Programs Manager Rhonda Appo on 07 3236 1445 or email@example.com