NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
The QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism is an initiative of the Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC). Introduced in 2013, the program recognises micro and small to medium sized tourism businesses in Queensland that have introduced a innovative product, service or process.
To enter, businesses must first submit a nomination and then a separate written submission.
Nominations can be submitted and paid for by clicking on the "Buy Tickets" button on the right hand side of this page. Nominations will be accepted until Friday 12 August, the due date for written submissions.
The QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism aims to:
- Recognise and reward innovation and growth across the Queensland tourism industry;
- provide an opportunity for businesses to showcase their innovative ideas, projects and processes;
- encourage product development and improved customer service; and
- reinforce the value of continual innovation within the industry.
Prizes - QTIC Prize for Innovation in Tourism
Courtesy of the Department of Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games, the winner will receive a prize package to the value of $30,000 of business support. The prize package will comprise of stages 1 and 2 of the Velocis program which will be delivered by the Australian Institute for Commercialisation. The components of the program include:
- A business review with experts in strategy, branding and design innovation
- A fitness report on outcomes of the review and recommendations for future business improvements
- Action planning to prioritise critical business issues identified in the fitness report
- Mentoring sessions with a professional expert in either strategy, branding or design innovation.
Other elements of 1st Prize include:
- Travel and flights worth $3000 to a destination of your choice (domestic or international) to undertake a business familiarisation to support the implementation of their action plan
- Development and distribution across Australia and Asia Pacific of a dedicated Public Relations (PR) Case Study in partnership with EarthCheck (value $3,000).
Submission Due - 5pm Friday 12 August
Judging of Entries - August 2016
Winner & Runner-up Announcement - Tuesday 27 September
Nominate and Enter
- To enter, businesses must first submit a nomination by purchasing a "ticket" above. Nominations will be accepted up until Friday 12 August, the due date for written submissions.
- Following the nomination, entrants are asked to provide a written submission on or before Friday 12 August. Please refer to the Guidelines and Entry Form for details on the written submission.
Click below for a copy of the Guidelines and Entry Form