Operating for 35 years, the Queensland Tourism Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of the state's tourism industry, including individuals, businesses (industry operators) and events.
The Awards are a submission and inspection based program and provide the opportunity to publicly acknowledge and showcase Queensland's finest tourism operators. The Awards cover 30 categories ranging from attractions, events, tour and transport, accommodation, restaurants, culture, marketing and more. VIEW CATEGORIES
The Queensland Tourism Awards aim to:
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence within the industry;
- Support improved business planning, development and internal analysis for tourism operators;
- Provide a benchmark for best practice within the tourism industry;
- Reinforce the value of the tourism industry;
- Encourage the continual raising of standards among tourism operators in Queensland;
- Promote an annual platform of celebration for the industry and offer networking opportunities for operators, supporters and sponsors alike;
- Highlight the prominence of Queensland in the Australian tourism industry; and
- Provide an opportunity for successful entrants to progress to the Australian Tourism Awards and compete on a national level.