QTA is back in 2021!
For details about Top Tourism Town Awards please click here.
Operating for 35 years, the Queensland Tourism Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of the state's tourism industry, including individuals, businesses (industry operators) and events.
The Awards are a submission and inspection based program and provide the opportunity to publicly acknowledge and showcase Queensland's finest tourism operators. The Awards cover 30 categories ranging from attractions, events, tour and transport, accommodation, restaurants, culture, marketing and more. VIEW CATEGORIES AND HOW TO ENTER
Winners of the Queensland Tourism Awards are announced at a Black Tie Gala Ceremony, the most prestigious event on the Queensland tourism calendar. Following the Awards, select category winners progress to the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards to be judged against finalists from each State and Territory.
The Queensland Tourism Awards aim to:
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence within the industry;
- Support improved business planning, development and internal analysis for tourism operators;
- Provide a benchmark for best practice within the tourism industry;
- Reinforce the value of the tourism industry;
- Encourage the continual raising of standards among tourism operators in Queensland;
- Promote an annual platform of celebration for the industry and offer networking opportunities for operators, supporters and sponsors alike;
- Energise and motivate staff
- Increase media and publicity of entrants and winners
- Highlight the prominence of Queensland in the Australian tourism industry; and
- Provide an opportunity for successful entrants to progress to the Australian Tourism Awards and compete on a national level
Please Note: Twenty six of the thirty Queensland Tourism Awards’ categories and criteria are set by the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC), providing a consistent framework for the Awards nationally. In 2021, there will be updates to the program. Please check the How to Enter page for further details.
Important Dates for 2021
|Nominations Open||Monday 15 March 2021|
|Nominations Close||Friday 28 May 2021|
|Submissions Due||Monday 16 August 2021 by 5pm|
|Awards Gala Ceremony (Brisbane)||Friday 12 November 2021|
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council would like to thank and acknowledge the 2019 Queensland Tourism Awards Partners and Sponsors.