Queensland Tourism Awards
Queensland Tourism Awards
The Awards, managed by Queensland Tourism Industry Council, are a submission and inspection based program and provide the opportunity to publicly acknowledge and showcase Queensland's finest tourism operators. There are 30 categories across various areas including attractions, events, tour and transport, accommodation, restaurants, culture and heritage, ecotourism, marketing and more.
Why enter the ?
- Be recognised as an outstanding tourism business
- Discover the full potential of your enterprise
- Super charge your annual business planning process
- Gain a competitive edge by receiving feedback from industry leaders
- Use your submission as a benchmark to improve your bottom line
- Receive media publicity and exposure
- Energise and motivate your staff
- Use the Awards logo to promote your operation as an award-winning business
- Celebrate and network with industry peers and colleagues at the Gala Awards ceremony
- Automatic entry into the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards for Gold Winners in categories 1 to 26
- The Gala Awards ceremony on Friday 13 November 2015 will be the biggest industry party of the year!
Don't just take our word for it! Watch a short video to hear directly from past winners about the benefits of participating (and winning!) in the Queensland Tourism Awards.
New criterion and category name changes
Following a complete review of the Tourism Awards program at a national level, substantial changes have been made to categories and criteria which will be implemented through the 2015 Queensland Tourism Awards. It is important that entrants in the 2015 Queensland Tourism Awards (particularly those that have entered previously), take note of all changes and updates. DO NOT refer to criteria specifications and eligibility descriptors from the 2014 (or earlier) Queensland Tourism Awards as they no longer apply. If your submission refers to criteria from 2014 or earlier years, your submission will lose points when the entry is assessed by judges.
Requirement to include business profile
As a part of the 2015 Queensland Tourism Awards nomination process, entrants will be required to complete a ‘business profile’ when uploading an award submission. To ensure you are prepared when you reach this section of the process, we recommend you have this information ready prior to beginning your online submission process. Find out more: View your category’s business profile requirements
All entrants must be accredited or certified from 2016
From 2016, all Queensland Tourism Awards entrants are required to be certified or accredited in order to be eligible for entry into the Queensland Tourism Awards program. This accreditation or certification will be in addition to the legal requirements necessary for operation of your business (e.g. registrations for vehicles and equipment, licence requirements for employees).
- Major Festivals & Events
- Festivals & Events
- The Richard Power Award for Destination Marketing
- Outstanding Contribution by a Volunteer or Volunteer Group
- Young Achievers Award
- The Marie Watson-Blake Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual.
Further information is available in the Accreditation and the Queensland Tourism Awards Information Pack.
- Familiarise yourself with the key dates (refer below) and review the Queensland Tourism Awards nominations and entry process.
- Be aware of the new criterion and category name changes and the requirement to include a business profile as part of your submission process.
- Visit the 'How to Enter' page on the Queensland Tourism Awards website and follow the steps to nominate.
Introducing new judges for 2015
The Queensland Tourism Awards are pleased to welcome new members of the judging panel for 2015.
- Elizabeth Hackett Director – Operations and Marketing, Trustees Australia
- Judy Hill Accommodation Division Manager, Queensland Hotels Association
- Patrick McElligott Managing Director, Trans Tasman Media Pty Ltd
- Sheena Walshaw Managing Director, Jungle Surfing Canopy Tours
More information about the 2015 judging panel will be made available on the Queensland Tourism Awards website later this year.
Changes to rules for award submission assistance: Please note that in 2015, Queensland Tourism Awards judges are not permitted to write a submission or assist another QTA entrant in any way. This is a rule brought about by the National Tourism Alliance and now applies to the Queensland Tourism Awards. This also applies to judges whose employer/organisation is entering a submission for the 2015 Queensland Tourism Awards.
2014 Queensland Tourism Award winners
We invite you to read more about winners from the 2014 Queensland Tourism Awards, honoured as part of last year's celebrations for the 30th anniversary of recognising excellence among Queensland's tourism industry. Twenty-seven (27) of these Queensland Tourism Award winners will represent Queensland at the upcoming Qantas Australian Tourism Awards on Friday 10 April in Adelaide, SA (read more).
A range of partnership and sponsorship opportunities offer significant benefits and can be tailored to meet your organisation's commercial objectives. The Queensland Tourism Awards are a fantastic opportunity to expose your brand to the tourism industry, drive exposure of your organisation and demonstrate your support of Queensland's tourism sector. Watch our partnership opportunities reel or contact (07) 3236 1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
News, updates and more information about the Queensland Tourism Awards is available at:
ENTRANT SUPPORT TOOLS
Have your draft submission reviewed before entering
QTIC invites Queensland Tourism Awards entrants to take advantage of the submission review process before entering their final submission for the annual awards program. Until Thursday 6 August 2015, entrants are able to send a draft of their written Awards submission to QTIC for review by an experienced submission writer. Submissions will be reviewed and a written report will be provided against each of the questions/criteria. READ MORE
Free webinars: Hints and Tips for entrants
Award entrants are invited to participate in a series of 'hints and tips' webinars to suit first time and past entrants. Hosted by an experienced QTA judge, the webinars will provide an understanding of the Awards submission process as well as other important information and advice. Visit the QTIC Events page to register for one of the webinars.
Free one-on-one mentoring for entrants
Free one-on-one mentoring sessions are available to Awards entrants across the state. You will have the opportunity to meet with a highly experienced mentor, either on-line (via Skype) or face-to-face, who will provide you with advice and guidance for planning and preparing your Award submission. To find out more about the mentoring sessions, please contact Gemma Haskings on (07) 3236 1445 or email@example.com.
Maximise your participation
Entering the Queensland Tourism Awards is a great way for you to discover the full potential of your business, super charge your business planning and gain a competitive edge through feedback from industry leaders. We provide industry with a set of guidelines on ideas and tips for making the most of your involvement in the Awards program. VIEW GUIDELINES: "HOW TO MAXIMISE YOUR PARTICIPATION"
Queensland Tourism Awards Sponsors
Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing proudly sponsor the Steve Irwin Award for Ecotourism