Queensland Tourism Awards
Nominations are required to be submitted by Wednesday 1 June 2016.
All nominations must be lodged via the online E-Awards portal by Wednesday 1 June 2016. Written award submissions, due on Thursday 18 August 2016, will not be accepted unless you previously entered your nomination on or before the deadline (Wednesday 1 June 2016).
Please note: QTIC members receive a discount on entry fees.
The Awards, managed by Queensland Tourism Industry Council, are a submission and inspection based program and provide the opportunity to publicly acknowledge and showcase Queensland's finest tourism operators. There are 29 categories across various areas including attractions, events, tour and transport, accommodation, restaurants, culture and heritage, ecotourism, marketing and more.
Why enter the ?
- Be recognised as an outstanding tourism business
- Discover the full potential of your enterprise
- Super charge your annual business planning process
- Gain a competitive edge by receiving feedback from industry leaders
- Use your submission as a benchmark to improve your bottom line
- Receive media publicity and exposure
- Energise and motivate your staff
- Use the Awards logo to promote your operation as an award-winning business
- Celebrate and network with industry peers and colleagues at the Gala Awards ceremony
- Automatic entry into the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards for Gold Winners in categories 1 to 26
- The Gala Awards ceremony on Friday 11 November 2016 will be the biggest industry party of the year!
VIDEO: Don't just take our word for it! Watch this short video to hear directly from past winners about the benefits of participating (and winning!) in the Queensland Tourism Awards.
Nomination and entry process in 2016
- Familiarise yourself with the 2016 key dates (refer below), entry fees and review the Queensland Tourism Awards nominations and entry process.
- Review the updates to some criteria in 2016 and ensure you do not refer to criteria specifications and eligibility descriptors from 2015 (or earlier) Queensland Tourism Awards.
- Visit the 'How to Enter' page on the Queensland Tourism Awards website and follow the steps to submit your nomination before Wednesday 1 June 2016.
- Enter your written Queensland Tourism Awards submission on or before Monday 15 August 2016 (see How to Enter for further details and ensure you have reviewed the Rules for Entry).
- Read the Maximise Your Participation in the Queensland Tourism Awards guidelines to find out how to make the most of your involvement in the awards program.
- Ensure you receive updates about the Queensland Tourism Awards by following our social media channels and hashtag #QTA16.
Nominations close Wednesday 1 June 2016
Site inspections and judging June to August 2016
Written submissions due Thursday 18 August 2016
2016 Queensland Tourism Awards Gala Ceremony Friday 11 November 2016, Brisbane Convetion & Exhibition Centre
Minor updates to some categories in 2016
Following a review of the Awards program at a national level, some minor changes have been made to categories and criteria in the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards. It is important that entrants in the 2016 Awards program (particularly those that have entered previously), take note of all changes and updates. DO NOT refer to criteria specifications and eligibility descriptors from the 2015 (or earlier) Queensland Tourism Awards as they no longer apply. If your submission refers to criteria from 2015 or earlier years, your submission will lose points when the entry is assessed by judges.
Entrants in 2016 must be accredited or certified*
In 2016, Queensland Tourism Awards entrants are required to be certified or accredited in order to be eligible for entry into the Queensland Tourism Awards program. This accreditation or certification will be in addition to the legal requirements necessary for operation of your business (e.g. registrations for vehicles and equipment, licence requirements for employees).
*All entrants in the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards will be impacted by this change, with the exception of entrants in the following categories:
- Category 3: Major Festivals & Events
- Category 4: Festivals & Events
- Category 8: Specialised Tourism Services
- Category 14: The Richard Power Award for Destination Marketing
- Category 26: Outstanding Contribution by a Volunteer or Volunteer Group
- Cateogry 27: Young Achievers Award
- Category 28: The Marie Watson-Blake Award for Outstanding Contribution by an Individual.
Information is available in the Accreditation and the Queensland Tourism Awards Information Pack. Further questions or comments about certification and accreditation for entry into the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards can be directed to Gemma Haskings on (07) 3236 1445 or email@example.com.
Partnership and Sponsorship opportunities
A range of partnership and sponsorship opportunities offer significant benefits and can be tailored to meet your organisation's commercial objectives. The Queensland Tourism Awards are a fantastic opportunity to expose your brand to the tourism industry, drive exposure of your organisation and demonstrate your support of Queensland's tourism sector. View the 2016 Queensland Tourism Awards Partnership booklet, watch our partnership opportunities reel or contact (07) 3236 1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Queensland Tourism Awards Gala Ceremony
Date: Friday 11 November 2016
Venue: Plaza Ballroom, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Corner of Merivale and Glenelg Streets, South Bank, Brisbane (venue information)
Tickets: Available in late 2016
Dress: Black Tie
For further information, please contact Katie Driml on (07) 3236 1445 or email@example.com.
News, updates and more information about the Queensland Tourism Awards is available at:
Use of Photographs and Personal Information
ENTRANT SUPPORT TOOLS
Have your draft submission reviewed before entering
QTIC invites Queensland Tourism Awards entrants to take advantage of the submission review process before entering their final submission for the annual awards program. Until Thursday 6 August 2015, entrants are able to send a draft of their written Awards submission to QTIC for review by an experienced submission writer. Submissions will be reviewed and a written report will be provided against each of the questions/criteria. READ MORE
Free webinars: Hints and Tips for entrants
Award entrants are invited to participate in a series of 'hints and tips' webinars to suit first time and past entrants. Hosted by an experienced QTA judge, the webinars will provide an understanding of the Awards submission process as well as other important information and advice. Visit the QTIC Events page to register for one of the webinars.
Free one-on-one mentoring for entrants
Free one-on-one mentoring sessions are available to Awards entrants across the state. You will have the opportunity to meet with a highly experienced mentor, either on-line (via Skype) or face-to-face, who will provide you with advice and guidance for planning and preparing your Award submission. To find out more about the mentoring sessions, please contact Gemma Haskings on (07) 3236 1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximise your participation
Entering the Queensland Tourism Awards is a great way for you to discover the full potential of your business, super charge your business planning and gain a competitive edge through feedback from industry leaders. We provide industry with a set of guidelines on ideas and tips for making the most of your involvement in the Awards program. VIEW GUIDELINES: "HOW TO MAXIMISE YOUR PARTICIPATION"