Industry Skills Advisory Organisation
As the Industry Skills Advisory Organisation for the Queensland tourism and hospitality industry, we work closely with government and industry on a range of workforce development skills matters, and provide industry intelligence on workforce development strategies and training advice to government, including:
- Intelligence relating to the identification of emerging labour and skills needs
- Skills investment advice
- Workforce planning and development models and activities, including:
- Workforce Reports and Guides
- Industry Awards
- Salute to Excellence Awards
- Skilling Queenslanders for Work – which provides a suite of targeted skills and training programs supporting Queenslanders to gain the skills, qualifications and experience needed to enter and stay in the workforce. Employers have the opportunity to support and participate in local training projects as well as access the $10,000 Work Start incentives for employing an eligible participant in a traineeship.
- Back to Work – providing Queensland employers the confidence to take on someone new and the opportunity to grow their business. The Queensland Government supports eligible employers to hire an eligible unemployed job seeker with payments of up to $20,000 available, subject to funding availability.
- The Office of Small Business – provides a number of grants programs and other initiatives to support small business to start, grow and employ
For more information please contact our Workforce Development team on 07 3236 1445 or email@example.com
The Workforce Development programs outlined in the following pages contribute to the following SDGs: