Industry Skills Advisory Program
QTIC has secured through open tender a services agreement for the Industry Skills Advisory (ISA) Program from 2020 - 2023.
New Industry Skills Advisory (ISA) roles align with Skills for Queensland - Great training for quality jobs priorities, which include delivering an expanded focus inclusive of employment, small business and regional skills needs.
Industry Skills Advisors (ISAs) engage with employers, small business and industry stakeholders to provide high quality, evidence-based industry advice and intelligence about current and emerging industry direction, regional skills needs and training solutions, jobs growth and employment opportunities. This advice will:
- Inform and align our training and skills priorities and decision-making, including program design and investment settings
- Support and connect with our industry engagement framework priorities including the work of departmental regional officers, Regional Jobs Committees, Jobs Queensland and the Ministerial Skills Roundtable
- inform and contribute to national vocational education and training (VET) reform agendas and the review and development of training package product
- Support employer, small business and industry's connection and engagement with VET and VET pathways and our programs, initiatives, and events
Services in this Agreement relate to the following industry sectors:
- Events management
- Travel and tourism
Industry Reference Groups
The purpose of the Industry Reference Group (IRG) is to provide a central coordination point for the collation, interrogation, and validation of industry intelligence, which forms the evidence-base of ISA advice to the department and ISA work planning and prioritisation.
QTIC's Industry Reference Groups are outlined below:
- QTIC Culinary Reference Group
- QTIC Hospitality and Accommodation Reference Group
- QTIC Tourism, Travel and Events Working Group
This initiative is proudly funded by the Queensland Government through its Industry Skills Advisory Program 2020 - 2023.