The Queensland Tourism Awards are back in 2022!
Operating for 36 years, the Queensland Tourism Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of the state's tourism industry, including individuals, businesses (industry operators) and events.
The Awards are a submission and inspection-based program and provide the opportunity to publicly acknowledge and showcase Queensland's finest tourism operators. The Awards cover 30 categories ranging from attractions, events, tour and transport, accommodation, restaurants, culture, marketing and more. View categories and hot enter.
Winners of the Queensland Tourism Awards are announced at a Black-Tie Gala Ceremony, the most prestigious event on the Queensland tourism calendar. Following the Awards, select category winners progress to the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards to be judged against finalists from each State and Territory.
The Queensland Tourism Awards aim to:
- Publicly recognise and reward excellence within the industry;
- Support improved business planning, development and internal analysis for tourism operators;
- Provide a benchmark for best practice within the tourism industry;
- Encourage the continual raising of standards among tourism operators in Queensland;
- Promote an annual platform of celebration for the industry and offer networking opportunities for operators, supporters and sponsors alike;
- Energise and motivate staff;
- Increase media and publicity of entrants and winners;
- Highlight the prominence of Queensland in the Australian tourism industry; and
- Provide an opportunity for successful entrants to progress to the Australian Tourism Awards and compete on a national level
Please Note: 26 of the 30 Queensland Tourism Awards' categories and criteria are set by the Australian Tourism Industry Council (ATIC), providing a consistent framework for the Awards nationally. In 2022, there will be updates to the program. Please check the How to Enter resources for further details.
Important dates for 2022
Watch the 2021 Queensland Tourism Awards highlights reel
Entrant Guide Book
The Entrant Guide Book is a helpful resource full of expert tips for both new entrants and seasoned nominators.
If you have any questions about the Queensland Tourism Awards or Top Tourism Town Awards please email Awards@qtic.com.au or call the team on 3236 1445.
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council would like to thank and acknowledge the Queensland Tourism Awards Partners and Sponsors.