What we do
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) is a not-for-profit, private sector, membership-based organisation representing the interests of Queensland’s tourism and hospitality industry.
We work in partnership with government agencies and industry bodies at a local, state and national level, to strengthen the voice of tourism in all relevant policy forums. Our membership comprises almost 1,000 tourism businesses across the state, alongside 13 Regional Tourism Organisation (RTOs) representing more than 3,000 regional businesses, as well as 18 industry sector associations
Our efforts are aimed squarely at helping this strong tourism industry drive sustainable business and product development, stimulate business attraction and investment, develop workforce skills and support tourism jobs and business. Tourism in Queensland is a $27.3 billion industry that sustains 237,000 Queensland jobs across 55,000 businesses. There are few sectors of the community that do not benefit from tourism.
We also operate and host the annual Queensland Tourism Awards – the state’s premier industry recognition program for outstanding contribution by organisations and individuals within our tourism sector.
To be the Voice of Tourism in Queensland.
To influence and shape the tourism business environment in Queensland.
- Reliability by being able to be trusted to do what is expected or has been promised.
- Neutrality by being impartial in all personal and professional dealings.
- Honesty by behaving in a fair, truthful and ethical manner.
- Independence through maintaining the freedom from dependence or control by another organisation or government.
- Approachability by being able to be reached with ease and being friendly and personable.
- Integrity through adhering to high principles and professional standards.
- Respectability through being considerate and valuing contributions of others.
- Inclusiveness through including or encompassing everything that is expected or appropriate.