We are the peak industry body for tourism in Queensland, acting as “The Voice of Tourism”. We’re a not-for-profit, private sector, membership-based organisation representing the interests of Queensland’s tourism and hospitality industry.
Why Join Us?
We can never take for granted that tourism will receive the recognition it requires from governments and other stakeholders to ensure continued growth, performance and profitability in the industry. To engage the tourism industry in all decision processes that shape our future, businesses need an effective and united voice.
We provide that service, but we need your membership support to build our capacity to speak up for you, at all levels of government.
We operate a number of industry projects, business support initiatives and award programs to facilitate the growth of tourism in Queensland.
We Are Dedicated To:
- Promoting a wider understanding of hospitality, tourism and events as major activities that contribute substantially to the economic and social well-being of Queensland
- Uniting Queensland’s tourism industry
- Advocating policies and initiatives that are responsive to the needs of tourism and related industries with federal, state and local governments and their agencies’ programs
- Assisting in the promotion and development of quality experiences for visitors
- Developing and presenting unified policy positions and encouraging the adoption of regional and national policies that facilitate travel for visitors
- Promoting a profitable and professional hospitality and tourism industry in Queensland
- Promoting, undertaking and disseminating research and information relating to the business of hospitality and tourism
Who are Our Members?
Tourism and hospitality is everybody’s business. There are few sectors of the community that do not derive a benefit from tourism. QTIC Members include: hospitality businesses; events; accommodation providers; wineries; restaurateurs; airlines; retailers; tour operators; legal accountancy and other professional firms; attractions; developers; training providers; local government; and travel agents. Importantly, Queensland’s sectoral tourism associations and Regional Tourism Organisations (RTOs) are also members, providing a vital link to all parts of Queensland. We also welcome local councils and other government agencies involved in the development of tourism.
What Type of Member are You?
A tourism supporter? A tourism advocate? Or a tourism champion?