Tourism Industry Business Capability Development Programs
This page overviews the programs, funded by the Queensland Government's Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry Development and developed in consultation with QTIC, Tourism and Events Queensland and the Regional Tourism Organisations.
The programs are designed to assist business owners to up-skill, develop and enhance their competencies across a number of areas. The programs will assist businesses to become more competitive, adaptive and resilient, so visitors can enjoy a consistently high standard of experience across the state.
The programs are available to all tourism businesses in Queensland.
Priorities for 2018-19 are:
- Digital skills
- Trade development
Digital Ready aims to develop understanding and skills in digital marketing, media and digital channels. By the end of this program, business owners will have increased their business opportunities by understanding and implementing effective online engagement with visitors.
Tourism businesses participating in the Digital Ready Program will be able to access a range of services and advice including:
- The online Digital Scorecard to help identify ways to improve digital capability
- An online digital health check with recommendations for making improvements
- Participate in regional workshops
- Access to mentoring with digital experts
Workshops will be held across Queensland covering the following topics:
- Web Basics
- Be Bookable Online
- Increase Your Website Traffic
- Planning Your Online Strategy
- Online Marketing for Events
- Maximising Facebook
- Maximising Instagram
- Online Review and Reputation Management
The Digital Ready Calendar is subject to change and minimum attendance numbers. Please register below to participate in the Digital Ready program. The Digital Ready program will not be available in Tropical North Queensland (TTNQ) until late-2019. Please contact Kelsey Andersen from TTNQ on email@example.com for information on other digital programs currently being offered.
Have a question? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 3236 1445.
The Trade Ready program will vary across regions. The aims of the program are to assist businesses in understanding key principles of tourism marketing and distribution (either domestically or internationally). It will assist in building understanding around product offering and packaging opportunities and how to engage with distribution channels.
Depending on the regional needs, the program will deliver some of the following key topics:
- Understand key principles of domestic and international distribution channels
- Preparation of rate and factsheets
- Engaging with Trade partners
- Pitching to domestic and international distributors
- Packaging and bundling product
- Pricing, commissions and rates
- Assistance with trade contract execution