Star Ratings are an internationally recognised symbol for quality accommodation standards. Used in more than 70 countries worldwide, Star Ratings reflect the cleanliness, quality, and condition of guest facilities.
A trademarked emblem, Star Ratings awards accommodation providers exclusive rights to display the established symbol of quality assuredness. Consumers can confidently book a room and expect a consistent standard of quality.
The Star Ratings program is based on an independent set of criteria that reflects best industry practice and quality standards. All accommodation providers assessed in the program receive an official Star Rating that is independently verified.
Star Ratings are awarded to size distinct accommodation categories: Hotels, Motels, Serviced Apartment, Hosted Accommodation, Caravan-Holiday Parks and Self Catering properties.
What do the Star Ratings mean?
Star Ratings stand for independently reviewed quality standards and are easily defined and identified:
||Properties that typify luxury across all areas of operation. Guests will enjoy an extensive range of facilities and comprehensive or highly personalised services. Properties at this level will display excellent design quality and attention to detail.
||Properties which achieve a deluxe guest experience. A wide range of facilities and superior design qualities are typically complemented by service standards that reflect the varied and discerning needs of the guest.
|Properties that deliver a broad range of amenities that exceed above-average accommodation needs. Good quality service, design and physical attributes are typically fit for purpose to match guest expectations.
|Properties that focus on the needs of price conscious travellers. Services and guest facilities are typically limited to keep room rates affordable and competitive but may be available upon request or fee-based.|
In addition to receiving increased credibility, competitiveness and reputation, internationally recognised Star Ratings accredited properties enjoy a range of valuable benefits.
- License to use the registered Star Ratings trademarked symbols, which properties can use on their own marketing channels.
- Receive free access to a personalised ReviewPro online dashboard, valued at $1,000 AUD. The dashboard allows properties to manage their reputation and guest reviews across all major online review systems and social media platforms in one online location.
- Recognition for points in Tourism and Events Queensland’s Best of Queensland Experiences Program.
- Recognition of a property’s Star Ratings accreditation through the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse.
- Inclusion of a property within the Australian Tourism Industry Council’s Star Rated properties nationwide advertising campaigns.
- Receive a free property listing on starratings.com.au and on trustthetick.com.au – both listings support direct guest bookings.
What does the process involve?
Star Ratings accreditation applications are completed online. The following diagram demonstrates the accreditation assessment process. As you will see, following your online application, a provisional Star Rating is granted until first site assessment is conducted. Your first site assessment will verify the standards claimed within your application and determine the appropriate Star Rating for your property.
Want more information?
Want to better understand the Star Ratings program and your eligibility for accreditation? Contact our helpful Accreditation team at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can visit the national Star Ratings website for more information.