The Registered Trade Skills Program (RTSP) is a non-traditional apprenticeship model that has been designed to offer casual cooks currently working in industry the opportunity to gain the professional trade qualification, SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
The RTSP is an initiative of the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.
Eligible Participants include:
- Australian Citizen living in Queensland
- Permanent resident of Australia living in Queensland
- Refugee or humanitarian visa holders living in Queensland
- Individual aged 21 years or over who due to the nature of their work arrangements are not able, or find it difficult, to access the mainstream apprenticeship system, and are registered with the Department for the RTSP Hospitality program
- Acknowledges and develops employees’ current skills
- Allows the employee to have more than one employer
- Allows the employee to continue training if they become unemployed or are volunteering for a short period of time
- Allows the employee to continue training if they change employment (must be within same job type)
- Allows the employee to continue training if they relocate anywhere within the state of Queensland
- Employees current employment conditions, contract should not be impacted
- Does not impact on employees working conditions or contract
- Provides growth opportunity for employee which will enhance organisational outcomes in the long term such as:
- Increase employee productivity
- Increase quality and of products
- Increase employee job satisfaction
- Increase employee retention rate
- Identification of innovative opportunities
All participants that successfully complete the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery will be provided a nationally recognised qualification and the Registered Training Organisation along with a Certificate of Achievement from the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.
Students that successfully complete the qualification in full will receive a participant incentive fee of $1100.00 (Inc. GST) to assist them to purchase tools required for the job, including uniforms, and/or knife kit.
We have engaged the following Registered Training Organisations to deliver the training and assessment on our behalf:
- Institute of Culinary Excellence
- Australian Skills Management Institute
To express your interest in the RTSP program fill out the form below.
Program delivery partners include:
This training is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work initiative.
For more information about Skilling Queensland for Work, please contact our Workforce Development team on 07 3236 1445 or firstname.lastname@example.org